Working Together at Schooners
Basic Work RULES
DON’T GET HURT-
-Don’t work tired, upset, or chemically altered
-Don’t do jobs or use tools you aren’t well trained and comfortable with
-COMMUNICATE- Keep your phone on, respond to texts
-Be clear what you are agreeing to and will be responsible for
-Be clear when you will not be available
-Let us know about any problems ASAP. If we know, we can fix it!
Ecology and Park Rules- Set a good example for campers
Drive slow! No dust, look around you, notice problems, remember we are already in paradise
Tools- return by the end of the day
Materials- Discuss before using
Projects- Discuss first
Car/boat/machine work - Industrial and mechanical work at the shop area only
BASICS TO DO WHILE CAMPING
Look after your Site
-Does everything work well?
-Pick up trash around your area and take it to the dumpsters
-Put tables and firepits back when done
-Pull weeds in your area- see links for education
Pull grass/weeds around water and electric posts for easy mowing
Pull only garlic mustard and thistles,
Please DO NOT climb or weed on the riverbank or the hills (erosion)
Meet your neighbors
- Offer to help new campers backing in and setting up their camp
- Offer to help take trash to dumpsters
- Make friends, share food
Problems? Something that needs repair? Let us know
ONGOING BIGGER PROJECTS - Sign up sheet, and materials are with Camp Host or Bulletin Board at Bathroom
- Replace TP, empty trash, wipe down fixtures, sweep/mop floor
- Sweep docks - plastic broom on cabin deck with paddles
- Trash clean up in the forest. Very steep areas, must be in good physical shape.
Access is from the road above campground
- Advanced weeding- pampas grass eucalyptus, and broom removal
-with permission and training
Ask about current projects
HELPING WITH COMMUNITY EVENTS
Park clean and safe?
Move tables and stools to group configuration
Collect Firewood, prepare bonfire
Collect musical instruments
One hour before:
Turn 'Peace&Love' sign at the Gate to say 'Park Open, Bonfire Tonight'
Prep for food at tables
(clean table, plates, cups, forks, serving utensils, trash can)
Look for guests who need help or attention
Keep dogs on leash
Sing, dance, enjoy!
Fire ‘dead out’
Clean up trash
Put tables/stools/trash cans back
Close Gate, turn sign back to 'Peace&Love'
CAMPHOST -A job for longer stays, of at least 2 weeks
- Remind folks of Park Rules, good behavior
- Does everybody have a parking sticker?
- Are boat trailers the front of the park?
- Are folks parked at their site
- Kayaks clean and organized?
- Fires out at bedtime?
- Bathrooms clean?
- Dogs on leash?
- Anybody need help?
- Are they happy, any questions/problems?
PLEASE AND THANK YOU!