Working Together - Camp Host
Basic Work RULES
DON’T GET HURT-
-Don’t work tired, upset, or chemically altered
-Don’t do jobs or use tools you aren’t well trained and comfortable with
-COMMUNICATE- Keep your phone on, respond to texts
-Be clear what you are agreeing to and will be responsible for
-Be clear when you will not be available
-Let us know about any problems ASAP. If we know, we can fix it!
Ecology and Park Rules- Set a good example for campers
Drive slow! No dust, look around you, notice problems, remember we are already in paradise
Tools- return by the end of the day
Materials- Discuss before using
Projects- Discuss first
Car/boat/machine work - Industrial and mechanical work at the shop area only
CAMPHOST -A job for longer stays and campers who have been here before
- Remind folks of Park Rules, good behavior
- Does everybody have a parking sticker?
- Are boat trailers the front of the park?
- Are folks parked at their site
- Kayaks and life vests clean and organized?
- Fires out at bedtime?
- Bathrooms clean?
- Dogs on leash?
- Anybody need help?
- Anybody want to help? Help with directions, tools, supplies
- Are they happy, any questions/problems?
BASICS WHILE CAMPING FOR EVERYONE
Look after Sites
-Does everything work well?
-Pick up trash, put tables and fire pits back
-Weeding- see link for education
Pull grass/weeds around water and electric posts
Only garlic mustard and thistles,
Please DO NOT climb or weed on the riverbank or the hills (erosion)
- Offer to help new campers backing in and setting up their camp
- Reminder of speed limits, gate closed, how to find you
- Offer to help take trash to dumpsters
- Make friends, share food
Problems? Something that needs repair? Let us know
WEEKLY MEETING AFTER CAMPERS HAVE LEFT
-Past week- what is been done
-What have you noticed (problems and successes)
-What do we expect next (events, visitors, schedules)
-Create work list for this week
ONGOING MAINTENANCE - Sign up sheet, and materials are with Camp Host or Bulletin Board at main Bathrooms
- Replace TP, empty trash, wipe down fixtures, sweep/mop floor
- Sweep docks - plastic broom on cabin deck with paddles
- Trash clean up in the forest. Very steep areas, must be in good physical shape.
Access is from the road above campground
- Advanced weeding, pampas grass eucalyptus, and broom removal
-with permission and training
-Special Projects, The HoneyDo List
- Ask about current projects
- Your Ideas?
PLEASE AND THANK YOU!